It may look like fruit. It may even contain real fruit juice. But many drinks and snacks–especially for kids– that look like fruit are really candy in disguise. Gummy fruit snacks and fruit-flavored drinks like Hi-C are two of the examples I use in my Health and Fitness column in the Aiken Standard this week.
- Off to the races! How to get started training for a 5k run or walk.
- The case of the missing beach body
- You’re not “just kidding.” You’re just wrong. And that’s okay.
- On second thought: Nutrition advice that seemed like a good idea at the time, but wasn’t.
- Candy & Soda for Breakfast: That’s just nuts! Many almonds are more like candy than a healthy snack.