It may look like fruit. It may even contain real fruit juice. But many drinks and snacks–especially for kids– that look like fruit are really candy in disguise. Gummy fruit snacks and fruit-flavored drinks like Hi-C are two of the examples I use in my Health and Fitness column in the Aiken Standard this week.
- Know Your (New) BP Numbers. Then take steps to lower them.
- Take steps (literally) to prevent the flu.
- Diabetes 101: What you need to know for American Diabetes Month.
- Trick or treat? More like getting tricked by treats! Watch out for candy and soda dressed up as health food.
- After October: From breast cancer awareness to action