- Happy Walktober! Celebrate by going for a walk outdoors.
- Take steps (literally) to fight the flu.
- Exercise has benefits at any age, so it’s never too late to start.
- When it comes to the health and fitness benefits of exercise, there are no shortcuts–you have to do the exercise!
- Function and fitness follow form.Why doing exercises properly can help you get fitter, faster.
Earlier this week I wrote about the consequences of concussions in athletes of all ages. Considering that the Super Bowl is this weekend, the emphasis was on football, but concussions can occur in almost any sport. Just today, the Journal … Continue reading
Earlier this week I wrote about how exercise can reduce the impact of age on health, fitness, and physical function. In many cases, exercise can even reverse the effects of age, literally turning back time. Last week there was a good article … Continue reading
Last week I wrote about Santa’s health and how he likely stays fit for his annual sleigh ride around the world on Christmas Eve. Much of what I wrote was speculation, though, since little is known about Santa beyond what … Continue reading
We have known for a long time that kids who spent more time watching TV were more likely to be obese. This was thought to be due to the fact that sedentary time in front of the television replaced physical … Continue reading
From USA Today earlier this week: Smoking bans cut number of heart attacks, strokes No real surprise here, but it’s always nice to see more data to show that smoking bans are working to improve health. Links to the studies … Continue reading
Getting in shape doesn’t require spending hours at the gym. In fact, you can do it at home in as little as 10 minutes per day. A growing number of 10 minute exercise programs promise that you can build muscle … Continue reading